Summer is just around the corner and its the perfect time to get that stunning tan again. A tan is often perceived as more attractive for it makes the skin stand out by highlighting contours while giving a sunkissed glow; especially in the Western culture where a glowing, bronzed body is celebrated as a mark of beauty. Here, we're giving you the easy steps to getting a natural tan that will surely stun everyone.
01. SHAVE Before everything else, start with a clean slate. Get rid of unwanted hair from your preferred area. For women, it can be underarms, legs or bikini area, while for men its either face or chest.
02. EXFOLIATE GENTLY Allow your skin to breathe by exfoliating first as it can wash away dead skin cells and remove pore-clogging dirt and oil. This will make the tan appear easily and fade evenly.
03. MOISTURIZE Dryness can cause uneven tan. Keep your skin hydrated with a moisturizer before applying any self-tanning products. A silky, softer skin looks better when tanned. Dont forget to drink plenty of water too!
04. BEGIN TANNING Make sure you have the right self-tanner with the best shade of bronze to help you achieve a golden-brown tan. Begin by applying the self-tanning product and spread it on your preferred area using a tanning mitt.
05. BLOW DRY Use your blow-dryer to dry the areas where you applied the self-tanner for a few seconds.
06. WIPE AWAY EXCESS Take a tissue and carefully wipe off the different color to not look weird with the self-tanning product. Be careful not to rub the self-tan vigorously as it will result to a streaky tan.
07. RINSE In case the self-tanning product you used needs to be rinse off, then do so with lukewarm water then gently dry your skin using a towel to not lift away the tan.
Why Green Beauty Is In
She Deserves It All
Celebrate Mom's Beauty
Eternal Skincare is Vancouver's diamond standard in skincare and beauty's best an incredible selection of high-tech, hands-on aesthetic and medi-spa services, paired with specialty, niche, and amazingly effective beauty brands! Read More >